Why don't you ...

Make downloadable sound clips more relevant in search results

Most people seem to be looking for downloadable sound clips when they land on this site. (myself included) I understand that you cannot usurp the rights of the content uploader, but why not make downloadable content more relevant by default, since this is likely what your users are looking for? For evidence, note the number of feedback questions requesting that you allow downloads.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DustinDustin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My sentiments exactly, I am DJ and would love to use some of these bites as audio drops and efx when I am spinning music.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please allow clips to be downloaded - it seems pretty much that they are already in the public domain anyway.

• SpindlerSpindler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent 30 minutes on your site and couldn't find one clip that I could download. Why even have a transparent button there that says "download" . . . prior to searching for downloadable clips, It almost took me about 30 more minutes trying to figure out how to download a clip that actually can't be downlaoded. I would foremost wish that you would incorporate downloading for all clips but secondly, if the clip isn't able to be downloaded, remove the download button from it, i'm sure that it agrivates first time users , as it did myself, almost to the point to not return to the site. As far as removing the download button for clips that can't be downloaded,this seems like it would be a fix that wouldn't be too complicated and would make your site more user friendly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base